New Patient Forms
Are you a new patient to our office? Welcome!
Please contact our office to have your forms sent to you. Having them completed before your arrival will allow us to attend to your medical needs more quickly than completing them once here.
Dental Payment Options
For your convenience, we accept Visa, MasterCard, and cash. All payments are due at the time treatment is rendered, unless financial arrangements are made in advance.
Westshore Dental Centre also accepts payment from iFinance®.
“How Does Canadian Dental Insurance Work?”
Westshore Dental Centre accepts most dental insurance plans.
Because insurance is a contract that exists between you and your insurance company (and because of 2004’s Privacy Act, which deems the details of insurance plans to be private and therefore details are no longer shared with dental teams), our staff may not be aware of which dental procedures are covered under your specific plan–and which aren’t.
Before booking your first appointment, we recommend that you clarify with your insurance:
- The procedures that your plan covers
- To what percentage of the final cost is covered
- Both annual maximums and procedure maximums within your plan
Don’t have a booklet explaining your dental benefits? Don’t worry! Your employer will know the details.
“Why is It Important to Know About Dental Insurance in Canada?”
If you have treatment and:
- There is no coverage under your plan’s contract
- Your coverage has run out because you have exceeded the yearly limit of your plan
- Your dentist’s fees for a procedure have exceeded the monetary amount your plan allows
- Or your coverage has expired, after which you will be responsible for the full payment of the treatment
…Then you, as the patient, are responsible for handling the payment of your dental treatment. We’d rather you have the know-how ready to guarantee that at least part of your costs are covered by your dental insurance!
“What is Cosmetic Dentistry? What Does ‘Preventative Dentistry’ Include? I Have So Many Questions!”
We here at Westshore Dental Centre are committed to improving the oral healthcare knowledge of our patients.
Check out the following dental video–we hope you find it both interesting and informative!
*Information in video provided by the College of Dental Surgeons of BC